Skip to content
Smiling, laughing, and positive thinking have been shown to have a huge number of health benefits to both mind and body.
- 'Simply using the same muscles as smiling will put you in a happier mood,' explains Dr Michael Lewis, psychologist at Cardiff University.
How to put a smile on your face
- Spend time with friends and family who are most likely to cheer you up.
- Take time out and watch a film or a TV show you find funny.
- Even when you don't feel like it, try and force yourself to smile – you may find that a forced smile becomes genuine.
- Reflect on happy memories by looking through photographs.